Contained Storage Ventilation Cabinets CSV
Contained Storage Ventilation safe storage cabinets are designed to contain laboratory chemical fumes (including formalin) and other odours given off by specimen jars and bottles during storage. The cabinets are manufactured in Australia and are available with a nominal width of 90cm or 150cm. Each cabinet is factory-tested to ensure compliance with relevant Australian standards.
Recirculating CSV modules utilise a direct drive fan that draws ambient air into the cabinet from the air intake that is located under the viewing window. CSV cabinets are manufactured in 304-grade stainless steel, and 6mm thick toughened glass is used for the viewing window. Air enters the storage cabinet through the base of the door assembly and through slotted shelves to create air passageways throughout storage areas.
The exhaust filter system consists of two stages of filtration before being recirculated into the room. The first stage prefilter arrests > 90% of particles 5 microns and larger. The final activated carbon filter incorporates carbon granules with a selected chemical impregnation to optimise the arrestance of specific vapours. Specific impregnations are available for the handling of a wide range of contaminants.
The contaminants include:
- Formaldehyde and glutaraldehyde
- Alkaline odours
- Ammonia and amines
- Inorganic acids and acidic odours
- H2S and mercaptans
At Thermoline, we strive to supply helpful customer support to ensure that you get the most out of our products. We are committed to providing whatever support our customers need, wherever they are in the world. If you can't find your solution in the below FAQs or Knowledge Base, please contact our friendly support team.
- Where are the clean air cabinets supplied by Thermoline manufactured?
- All of the cabinets we supply are Australian Made by AES Environmental. AES has several manufacturing locations in Australia, and all of the Laminar Flow and High-Efficiency Filtration products are produced in their Minto, NSW facility.
- Can Thermoline arrange installation and commissioning of my cabinet?
- Yes. Our suppliers have service divisions in most Australian states and territories and relies on qualified partners for other geographical locations. Each team is capable of providing on-site installation and NATA certification.
- What is a Contained Storage Ventilation Cabinet?
A Contained Storage Ventilation Cabinet, also known as a Chemical Storage Ventilation Cabinet, is a laboratory equipment designed for the safe storage of hazardous chemicals. The primary purpose of a Contained Storage Ventilation Cabinet is to prevent the release of hazardous chemicals into the environment and to protect the user from exposure.
Ventilated chemical storage cabinets help to reduce the danger by dispersing any such fumes. This prevents a chemical build-up that may be lethal, or have a volatile reaction if it comes into contact with other stored chemicals.
- When Should I Use Ventilated Chemical Storage Cabinet?
- When storing toxic fumes, airborne dusts, vapours and mists, ventilation is key to reducing the danger. Ventilated chemical storage cabinets can be beneficial in certain circumstances where there is potential for high temperatures or when the ventilation of a room is inadequate.