Refrigerators with Spark Proof Interior for Volatile Sample Storage (Spark Safe)
This refrigerator model is completely spark free on the inside (all internal electrical components have been removed) and has been specifically designed to allow for the safe storage of volatile samples. Volatile samples are considered unsafe for storage in standard refrigerators as any spark formed by components within the freezer can ignite fumes or the sample itself.
This fridge is fitted with a unique ‘spark proof start mechanism’ on the refrigeration compressor should any flammable vapours be present outside the refrigerator at floor level.
In reference to AS/NZS60079.10:2004 for zoning of hazardous areas:
For zone 2 classification it is recommended that a refrigerator or freezer be located 300mm above floor level. The model TRF-SP stand suits all spark proof refrigerator and freezer models offered to raise them to a minimum of 300mm above the floor as required.
- All electrical parts and controls are outside working space
- Natural gravity convection air movement
- Manual defrost
- Plastic inbuilt moulded liner
- Plastic coated shelves and transparent storage drawers
- Solid access door with magnetic gasket
- Microprocessor controller with built in error codes
- Optional alarm contacts available