Dry Block Heater TDB-4E
Sometimes known as a dry bath incubator, the Thermoline dry block heater is a microprocessor-controlled unit maintaining one or more aluminium blocks at a user defined set temperature. It's a safe and convenient tool used to heat samples in tubes and vials, which is ideal for obtaining consistent results and precise temperature stability.
The Thermoline dry block heaters are designed for applications that require repeatable results and superior temperature stability. Thermoline offers a diverse range of blocks designed to accommodate various interchangeable tubes and vials, as well as blocks with no holes that can be used as a small heated surface.
- Widely used in sample preparation, enzyme preservation, enzyme-substrate reactions, DNA amplification, electrophoresis gel degeneration and serum coagulation
- LED display for easy reading
- 3D digital wheel adjustment of time and temperature
- Adjustable temperature is up to 150°C
- High temperature stability is up to ±0.2°C
- Machined aluminum heating unit allows for highly precise control of temperature
- Included PT1000 temperature sensor allows temperature control directly in the sample vessel.
- Adjustable timing range of 1min to 99h59min
- Fixed safety circuit
- Error code display
- Various applications with different blocks
- Automatic calibration with external PT1000 temperature sensor
|single block, Eppendorf tubes, 20 x 1.5mL, Ø11.5mm x 36.9mm
|single block, Conical tubes, 12 x 15ml, Ø17.1mm x 44.5mm
|single block, vials, 6 x 50ml Ø29.0 x 47.6mm
|single block, PCR tube, 30 x 0.5mL, Ø7.9mm x 27.6mm
|single block, microtube combination, 6/10/5 x 0.5/1.5/2ml
|single block, Microtubes, 20 x 1.5mL, Ø11.1mm x 39.1mm
|single block, Eppendorf tubes, 20 x 2.0ml, Ø11.5mm x 38.1mm
|single block, Corning tubes, 20 x 2.0ml, Ø10.9mm x 38.1mm
|single block, centifuge tube combination, 4/3/2 x 1.5/15/50ml
|single block, Round tubes, 30 x 6mm, Ø8.3mm x 48.4mm
|single block, Round tubes, 24 x 10mm, Ø10.7mm x 48.4mm
|single block, Round tubes, 16 x 12/13mm, Ø13.9mm x 48.4mm
|single block, Round tubes, 20 x 12/13mm, Ø13.9mm x 48.4mm
|single block, Round tubes, 12 x 15/16mm, Ø17.5mm x 48.4mm
|single block, Round tubes, 8 x 20mm, Ø21mm x 48.4mm
|single block, Round tubes, 6 x 25mm, Ø26.2mm x 48.4mm
|single block, Round tubes, 4 x 35mm, Ø35mm x 47.6mm
|single block, Round tubes, 12 x 17/18mm, Ø19.1mm x 48.4mm
|single block, vials, 20 x 12mm, Ø12.7mm x 30mm
|single block, vials, 20 x 15mm, Ø15.8mm x 35mm
|single block, vials, 12 x 17mm, Ø17.8mm x 45mm
|single block, vials, 12 x 19mm, Ø19.7mm x 45mm
|single block, vials, 9 x 21mm, Ø21.7mm x 45mm
|single block, vials, 8 x 23mm, Ø23.8mm x 45mm
|single block, vials, 8 x 25mm, Ø25.8mm x 45mm
|single block, vials, 6 x 28mm, Ø28.8mm x 45mm
|single block, vials, 15 x 16mm, Ø16.4mm x 45mm
|single block, 10x8 PCR tube strips, 0.2ml tubes
|single block, 64 PCR tube strips, 0.2ml tubes
|single block, 2x6 cuvettes, 12.5mm
Temperature RangeAmbient +5°C to +150°C
At Thermoline, we strive to supply helpful customer support to ensure that you get the most out of our products. We are committed to providing whatever support our customers need, wherever they are in the world. If you can't find your solution in the below FAQs or Knowledge Base, please contact our friendly support team.
- What is a dry block heater?
- A dry block heater, also know as a dry bath incubator or simply dry bath, is used to heat samples in a variety of applications. The blocks are made of an aluminium alloy which allows the distribution of heat in a uniform manner. Dry block heaters are widely used in molecular biology and clinical and environmental laboratories.
- Why would you use a dry block heater?
- The term "dry" means that the samples are heated without a liquid bath, making it a convenient and versatile heating solution for many laboratory applications. The purpose of dry block heaters is to control the temperature so that it’s uniform, stable, and precise during heating and cooling applications. Dry block heaters generally provide excellent temperature control and uniformity.
- What are dry block heaters used for?
A dry block heater is a laboratory instrument that is used to heat a variety of samples to a set temperature for a range of applications, including but not limited to:
Molecular biology: For processes such as PCR (polymerase chain reaction), where a constant temperature is required to amplify DNA.
Biochemistry: For enzymes assays, protein denaturation and other chemical reactions.
Materials science: For the preparation of samples prior to analysis, or for applications such as thermal analysis.
Environmental testing: For the determination of the thermal stability of a sample.
- Can Thermoline manufacture custom blocks?
- Yes, Thermoline can provide dry blocks with holes in various diameters.Please get in touch to discuss any special blocks you may need to suit your application.