COVID-19 Vaccine Rollout: Thermoline's Cold Storage Options
The Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) has provisionally approved the Pfizer/BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine for use in Australia. The Pfizer vaccine will be delivered at up to 50 hospital sites across Australia, and in residential aged care and disability care facilities. The National Rollout Strategy details how the vaccine will be distributed more widely over coming months through over 1,000 distribution sites. Each site must follow specific guidelines regarding the vaccine storage.
How Are The Vaccines Stored?
Once a storage site receives their vaccines, they have three options for storage:
- Ultra low temperature freezers, which are available from Thermoline. These specialised freezers can extend shelf life for up to six months.
- The Pfizer thermal shippers, in which doses will arrive, that can be used as temporary storage units by refilling with dry ice every five days for up to 30 days of storage.
- Vaccine Refrigerators that are commonly available in hospitals. Thermoline's Vaccine Storage Refrigerator range ensure vaccines can be safely stored for five days at controlled temperature conditions of 2-8°C.
NOTE: Once thawed and stored under 2-8°C conditions, the vials cannot be re-frozen or stored under frozen conditions.
Thermoline's COVID-19 Vaccine Storage Products:
Thermoline Scientific can provide you & your team with information and resources on vaccine storage. In short, we can help to get your facility prepared for what’s coming. With a full catalogue of upright and undercounter refrigerators and freezers, you will find exactly what you are looking for.
You can find the various options and sizes at the below links:
- +5°C Vaccine Storage Refrigerators: CLICK HERE
- -20°C Premium Laboratory Freezers: CLICK HERE
- -80°C Ultra Low Chest Freezer: CLICK HERE
- -80°C Ultra Low Upright Freezers: CLICK HERE