Freezer with Spark Proof Interior for Volatile Sample Storage (Spark Safe)
These freezer models are completely spark free on the inside (all internal electrical components have been removed) and have been specifically designed to allow for the safe storage of volatile samples. Volatile samples are considered unsafe for storage in standard freezers as any spark formed by components within the freezer can ignite fumes or the sample itself. The refrigeration
compressor is fitted with a unique ‘spark proof start mechanism’ should any flammable vapours be present outside the refrigerator at floor level.
The ALUF-370-SP model has six refrigerated fixed shelves, each approximately 200mm apart. Castors are provided on the unit to ensure easy moving and front lock down feet help to keep the cabinet stable when opening and closing the door.
- All electrical parts and controls are outside working space
- Natural gravity convection air movement
- Manual defrost
- Solid state electronic display
- Freezing coils positioned above each draw/bin compartment
- Fixed position pull out PVC drawers/bins (90 and 181 Litre models)
- Solid access door with magnetic gasket
- Microprocessor controller with built in error codes
- Optional alarm contacts available